Slideworld Powerpoint templates

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tears of Gratitude

Today while commuting to work I pondered about the way I am living life. What I reflected was the times I experienced tears was in times of pain and only immense pain can touch me. As life proceeds I get accustomed to some kinds of pain and I am now immune and totally numbed.

As my mind kept leading me into different realms of knowledge available in the universe I asked myself this question "Do I have gratitude? Gratitude for anything in this world?" The answer to this question was in the form of tears in my eyes. When we think of gratitude there is sudden love for the entire creation.

This reminded me of what Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev says about tears:

Tears have got nothing to do with sadness and pain. Whenever any experience becomes very intense, tears flow.

If tears of love, joy, and ecstasy have not washed your cheeks, you are yet to taste life.



I remember reading an article written by Sadhguru which I am not able to trace now, where he mentions that the only deep emotion most of us have understood is pain and thats the reason we express tears then. We all are yet to experience tears of love, joy and ecstasy.

No comments: